USB Port Properties
Select a shared USB port and clickbutton.
- The number of the shared port. The first digit corresponds to the number of the USB device host controller. The second one indicates the port number of the root hub. All following digits represent the port numbers of the external USB hub.
Usually when a USB port is being shared, this option gets the value Share.
But if the port is shared automatically, (comes under the rule)
and you don't want it to be shared, change this option to Prevent from sharing.
- Allow connecting when the USB device is occupied by another user
- Enabling this option allows users to connect a USB device inserted in the shared port even if the device is occupied by another user. In this case the device will be disconnected from the user who is currently working with the device.
- Allow local use until Client connects
- This option allows to continue using the shared device before if will be connected to the USB over Network Client. This feature may cause accidental data loss, use it carefully.
- Action persistence
- The selected action (e.g., Prevent from sharing) is permanent. It is applied automatically at every system startup.
- Until restart
- The selected action is valid until the system reboot.